Ads 468x60px

TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: includable in widget

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

How To root & install CWM on At&t Samsung Galaxy S III I747 No Tripping Flash Counter






Today I will show you how to root your At&t Galaxy S III without tripping flash counter. Rooting is very easy task. But installing CWM will need little bit of work. You will need adb installed for that. After that just follow the guide step by step and you will have rooted I747 without triggering your flash counter.This method will not erase anything, so you will not loose any apps or personal data.



You can get ODIN here

ATT Image
Current I747UCDLK3 (JB 4.1.1) - NEW JellyBean
Mirror 1: Download root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.7z
Mirror 2: Download root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.7z


Old Image ATT I747UCALG1 (ICS 4.0.4)
Perm Mirror 1: ATT Stock Download I747UCALG1 - 570.9 MB 
Perm Mirror 2: ATT Stock Download I747UCALG1 - 570.58 MB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bell Image (This works with Canadian Virgin Mobile SGH-I747M)
Current I747MVLDLK4 (JB 4.1.1)NEW JellyBean
Mirror 1: Download root66_BMC_I747MVLDLK4.7z

Old Image I747MVLALH1 (ICS 4.0.4)
Perm Mirror 1: Bell I747MVLALH1 Download
Perm Mirror 2: Thanks to zaghy2zy!: Bell I747MVLALH1 Download


Rogers Image
Current I747MVLDLK4 (JB 4.1.1)NEW JellyBean
Mirror 1: Download root66_RWC_I747MVLDLK4.7z

Old Image I747MVLALH1 (ICS 4.0.4)
Perm Mirror 1: Rogers I747MVLALH1 Download
Perm Mirror 2: Thanks to zaghy2zy!: Rogers I747MVLALH1 Download


Telus Image
Current I747MVLDLK4 (JB 4.1.1)NEW JellyBean
Mirror 1: Download root66_TLS_I747MVLDLK4.7z

Old Image I747MVLALH1 (ICS 4.0.4)
Perm Mirror 1: Telus I747MVLALH1 Download
Perm Mirror 2: Thanks to zaghy2zy!: Telus I747MVLALH1 Download


Sasktel Image
Current I747MVLDLK4 (JB 4.1.1)NEW JellyBean
Mirror 1: Download root66_BWA_I747MVLDLK4.7z

Old Image I747MVLALH1 (ICS 4.0.4)
Perm Mirror 1: Sasktel I747MVLALH1 Download
Perm Mirror 2: Thanks to zaghy2zy!: Sasktel I747MVLALH1 Download

Thank You mrRobinson for this files!

Step 1: Download the files and unzip them.

Step 2: Connect your phone to computer and copy over recovery.img to your internal sd card. Make sure you do not put that in any folder.

Step 3: Open up Odin folder and run Odin3 v1.85 and unselect  F. Rest Time.


Step 4: Put your phone into down load mod. First Turn off your phone. Then Press Volume down, Power and home button. You will see following screen.



Step 5: Then Press Volume Up and you will see following screen.


 Step 6: Connect your SIII to computer. Once you connect your phone you will see yellow box on upper left corner on Odin.






Step 7: Now Press PDA and browse for the location of the downloaded files. And Select Stock_root67.tar and open it. 

Step 8: Press Start.

Step 9: Phone will reboot once its done flashing. And you will get Pass on upper left corner.



Step 10: Now download any of the app that requires root request and make sure you have root.

Step 11: Go to your phone and enable usb debugging under setting>developer's option.

Step 12: Connect your phone to your windows computer and open up command prompt.

Step 13: Type adb on your command prompt then you will see all the commands that adb offers.

Step 14: Type adb shell then type su after that type  dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 

Step 15: You will see following in your command prompt.
     
shell@android:/ $ su
shell@android:/ # dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
13992+0 records in
13992+0 records out
7163904 bytes transferred in 1.672 secs (4284631 bytes/sec)

Step 16: Now Just type " reboot recovery " in command prompt.

Step 17: You now have rooted At&t SGSIII I747 with CWM installed. 




 

40 comments:

  1. Hey, thx a lot for this HOWTO. My GS3 is a Canadian version and my model is SGH-I747M, can I use this solution to root my cell as well?

    Thx again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need another file for your root. Which carrier you have?

      Delete
    2. Here is file for Rogers!
      http://d-h.st/oDF

      Delete
  2. can you throw the bell canada version file out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is Bell Version.
      http://d-h.st/wMY

      Delete
  3. Do you have the WindMobile version? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything for Telus?

    ReplyDelete
  6. is the Virgin Mobile s3 the same root kit as the Bell?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did reboot recovery but my phone isn't turning on, it just turns on for a second and shows Samsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boot into ClockworkMod menually by holding power,vol+ & home buttons at same time then on your fist vibrate let go the power button you will see a samsung screen with blue letters on top will say recovery. After of couple of second it will boot into clockworkmod recovery.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I did that multiple times and didnt work so I went into download mode and restarted my phone from there then I deleted the recovery file off my sdcard. I'll try again

      Delete
  8. Why is the file 574 MB when the Mac version is 19 MB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question. I wonder why the dude STILL hasn't answered you. I wouldn't trust this file or the dude. I'm going somewhere else to find the files.
      -Masowai

      Delete
    2. Because this is the whole System that you are flashing. In Mac version you are only flashing CWM recovery which will trigger your flash counter.

      BTW i develop on android phones so i know what I am talking about. If don't trust me just type "Team Perfection" in Google.

      Delete
  9. after installing ADB do the packages need to be installed?? And does ADB need to be open for Command Prompt to work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. when i type in adb in command prompt it says adb is not recognized and as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to make sure adb has been installed properly.

      Delete
  11. A bit of a long shot... do you have the file for Sasktel ??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I downloaded the Bell file, and all I see is the "stock_root66_Bell.tar"

    Is that all? I don't need the recovery.img file?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. download the recovery file from link below.
      http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.8.4.5-d2att.img

      Delete
  13. hey, my phone is Galaxy S3 Sgh-i747 locked on at&t carrier ,is it compatable with the files in the video , anf if somthing wrong happens during process ill lose the phone ???
    thnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will work on ur I747 & if something goes wrong than u can call att & get warranty replacement. Just don't tell them what you were doing.

      Delete
  14. I just tried to download the files at the top of the page and get this from the download page:
    We're upgrading the drives on the server this file resides on.
    Follow us on twitter @devhostorg for updates. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I follow this guide, but instead use the ROMs linked to in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31147166 ? These are the latest (4.0.4) rooted stock roms released for Canadian carriers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya sure you can use those file. & in case if you trip your flash counter just read my article about how to reset flash counter & you will be good.

      Delete
    2. there is no recovery file for jellybean... telus.

      Delete
    3. well just get it from twrp or clockworkmod official website make sure to chose your phone.

      Delete
  16. I installed Rogers one, and I;m getting process.android.process.acore has stopped. And I can't press anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi appdroid! Great video!
    I have some quesitons for you since I saw mr robinson's method and the regular flash tripping method.
    Can you explain to me what the differences are? For example


    1) When you use the regular method, you place SuperSU into your phone. But Mr.Robinson's mehtod you put a file called Recovery. What is this recovery file? Is it the SuperSU? Whats the difference

    2) The regular method you are installing a TAR file pretty much as first step. I believe this TAR is the CWM and it will trigger a count. In Mr Robinson's method you are flashing stock root TAR, what differences is there from these 2 TARs? Also why doesnt it trigger a count?

    3) From what it looks like the regular method installs the TAR that gives you CWM, then install ROOT. Mr Robinsons' seems to flash a TAR that gives you ROOT. then installs CWM with ADB.

    4) If you have TiBu, why do you need CWM to backup?

    5) Also where do you recommend getting ADB drivers and regular S3 drivers?


    Im asking these quesitons to basically gain a better understanding of the differences in methods

    Thank for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also have the I747m model, and am on Virgin. Will these images still work for me?

    ReplyDelete
  22. The people not reading your blogs are missing out a lot of quality contents. samsung galaxy note 2

    ReplyDelete